Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Three Glorious Three!


Here she is our great big (little) three year old! She turned 3 on Monday April 20th, around 3:30 in the afternoon. Truth be told I have been seeing the "signs" of three-dom creeping up on us in the last few months.....I'll just say that it will be nice when she's four. But on a more positive note, it is really fun to here her speak in full sentences, tell stories, here her asking, "why.....why.....why?" She has just recently figured out how to operate her leapfrog computer, navigating the mouse and keys to actually play the game...that has been really fun to see because we got it for her when she was almost two, and had no idea what to do with it. On our way to Target to get her official birthday portraits done, she mentioned that she can't wait to be big, so she can go live on a bus....This has been her funnest Birthday yet for me, because she definitely understands now what it is all about, well at least the part that is all about her:) I had fun pampering her and letting her get away with a tiny bit more than usual. She got to have two baths, because she wanted to play with her new bath toys...I bought her a chosen toy at the store....things like that. All in all a great day, and she still has a bubble-palooza party to look forward to on Saturday! Talk about Queen of the world!



mmmmmm.....cream cheese frosting.....


I made cupcakes to deliver to the neighbors with party invitations...a sure way to make(and keep)friends:)


I made a little red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, as you can see it was kind of a mess, but it tasted good.


We went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries to celebrate for Esther's Birthday dinner, It was pretty good, I was blushing in this picture because I felt like everyone was watching us...

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

The cake at your in-laws turned out WAY good! And I can vouch for the cupcakes, I think I practically inhaled mine it was so tasty. You are taking some pretty good pictures there too! The story about Ester excited to live on a bus cracked me up.

Sarah said...

Hey!!! Where's my cupcake???!! just kidding, it all looks really good!!

Uncle John D said...

Happy Birthday Esther. Someone should show her how she can take the letters in her name...rearrange them and it will spell "THREES" Happy Glorious 3's!!

ashley said...

The blue and white cake you made for Esther's b-day party needs to be on your blog! It was so AWESOME!! Esther's green dress is super cute too! I'm SOO glad we are friends...one day all your creativity will rub off on me! :D

Anonymous said...

I'm so hungry I almost cried when I saw these cake pictures :)